Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Glass Necklace


I had been wanting to make a necklace like this for awhile, so I finally made one two weekends ago, by candlelight... as the electricity was out! The beads came from a variety of sources:

* the 6 larger reddish orientalish beads are ones I found in a trunk at my Gramma's house several years ago. I have tried making a few other things with them in the past, but they never seemed to look quite right. I think they look perfect in this necklace.

* the crystal-type amber and light blue coloured beads are from a kit I got from the local dollar store a couple of weeks ago. The screw-end clasp is from this kit as well.

* the larger clear and green beads are ones I had leftover from camp crafts a few summers ago.

* the plain clear smaller beads are from a dollar store last fall.

* the clear blue, orange, red, green, etc. beads that make up the majority of the necklace (uniform in size) are from a pack of co-ordintating beads I got at Wal*Mart last spring.

Overall, I really love the way this necklace turned out. I made it long enough to wrap around my neck 4 times, and around my wrist 10 times. Although I'm not sure I'll ever wear it as a bracelet, might be a bit bulky.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggie Ann said...

Very pretty! Aren't glass beads beautiful though.

Fri May 19, 01:29:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home